:: rawblogXport ::

union news / workers rights / construction / safety / irony...
today's home page

carpentersunionbc.com
google news

recent posts:
  • Scoundrel Time: Whitman, Giuliani and the Victims ...
  • Honor Roll of Union Victims
  • Prison Camps: BushCo's Big Growth Industry?
  • Ghosts and Rust / Does Hayfork deserve to be saved...
  • Confessions of a Wal-Mart addict
  • "Our Day?" Don't Make Me Laugh
  • New training center benefits carpenters
  • Apology for calling minimum wage workers "dumb and...
  • B.C. health care company fires locals to hire outs...
  • Union fights over worker's right to say "scab"

  • BlogRolling:


    blogs that link here


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger

    Powered by BlogRolling

    Listed on BlogsCanada

    member union label


    Get Firefox!




    implementation:
    email d@ve2300
    this weblog is the work of dave livingston, a union carpenter in nelson bc canada






    the web
    rawblogXport

    references to rawblogXport:
    Confined Space
    "Hat tip to rawblogXport for this."
    Jordan Barab, Confined Space
    "a great labor news digest..."
    Labor Blog
    "rawblogXport was there, providing consistently good labor news..."
    Political Site of the Day
    may.25.05
    Confined Space
    "Senators Push Legislation to Toughen OSHA Penalties"
    Workers Comp Insider
    Human Fall Traps
    Workers Comp Insider
    "May is labor history month"
    Workers Comp Insider
    "A tip of the hat..."
    NathanNewman.org
    "Union Democracy in Carpenters"

    FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of labor and economic issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 Chapter 1 Sec.107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.




    "The fight is never about grapes or lettuce. It is always about people."
    Cesar Chavez




    :: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 ::

    The Worst Cases of Tax Fraud in US History -- Who Built Your House? - Americas Watchdog, PR Web (press release)
    In the State of Arizona, only 1% of all carpenters are unionized. To Martin; 'this is a huge red flag'. However, according to Carpenters Union officials in Arizona, it is accurate. So who paid taxes on the other 99% of carpenters in Arizona?

    In California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Colorado and North & South Carolina undocumented workers appear to make up the core work force at many larger new residential housing job sites. Martin estimates the size of the problem to be in the 'millions of undocumented construction workers not paying taxes and not getting paid overtime nationwide'.
  • posted 5:40 AM :: reference link :: 0 comments ::
  • -------------------------------------------

    Comments: Post a Comment


    unions: the folks that brought you the weekend Powered by Blogger